Followers

Oct 15, 2010

Chicken Salad and Mousse. It’s What’s For Dinner?

I ran into an old friend today.  I think it’s been about 15 years since I’d seen her, so you can imagine my comfort-level.  Especially when you consider the fact that I was trying to sneak off to the supermarket in my jammies after a long day of pretending I was one of the couch cushions.  Not exactly how one would choose to present oneself to an old friend after 15 years. 

But isn’t that always when you run into someone?

Speaking of the grocery store, shopping is a totally different experience when you’re shopping for one.  I hadn’t really thought about what I was tossing into my basket until the time came to lay it all on the, er, line. 

singlegroceries

The groceries of a single lady:  More money spent on hair and skin care than food.

So here I sit wearing my pumpkin enzyme (pumpkins have enzymes? And they go on your face?) and vitamin c masque eating a chicken salad with soggy croutons (Note to self:  Don’t put on the dressing if you’re going to have a 20 minute phone conversation before eating) listening as what sounds like the entire cast of Jersey Shore moves into the place downstairs.

The great thing about winter rentals is they’ll probably be gone by Monday morning.

4 comments:

gv said...

Umm...fat girl over here thought that mousse in the title was choclate mousse!

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

Pregnant girl over here thought that it meant chocolate mousse too!!

mypixieblog said...

LOL, okay apparently we're all on the same wavelength, because I thought chocolate mousse, too :)

I used to hate shopping by myself because I was always super self-conscious about people staring into my cart. Which is completely ridiculous, because we all have to eat so why should I care?

Good luck with the cast of Jersey Shore and hope you don't have any Situations ;)

Stacy's Snippets said...

Hey...you alive?