Followers

Jul 5, 2011

The One Where I Start Blogging Again

So a lot of dust can settle on a blog when it’s left abandoned for nearly a year.  A lot can change as well.  For the whole five of you that will bother catching up with me, and the three new subscribers I’ll probably gain from this post, let me give you the Cliff Notes version of the last eight months…

  • I’m back in New Orleans.
  • I briefly and triumphantly returned to my former career, only to discover that in the six months of my absence the inmates had taken over the asylum… And possessed among them about as much knowledge of the restaurant business as actual asylum inmates.
  • A dozen 50+ workweeks later I realized that any attempt at instituting (or expectation of) skill, knowledge, or basic capability was an exercise in frustration, so I bailed.
  • Subsequently, Man and I got back together.  So far so good.  More than so-good.  Pretty-damned-good actually.
  • I’m currently in the midst of trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up… Again.
  • My thirty-fifth birthday is looming dangerously on the horizon.
  • In totally unrelated-to-my-birthday news, I wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat or screaming at least once a week.

screaming-woman

There you have it.  I could probably go into more detail about these bullet-points, but having just lived through them I don’t really feel like it.  So let’s just move on from here.

Now that I’m not working, or recovering from working every given moment of every given day, I’ve got some time on my hands.  So I think I’ll start writing again.

In the meantime I’ve compiled a collection of my favorite entries in this blog that I’m sad to see collect the dust of abandonment.  A “greatest hits of my own narcissism” if you will.  Something to keep you busy while I’m constructing the next entry…

 

I Was Told There's ALWAYS a Barf Bag! (the one where I recount my very first flight.)

There Wasn't Even Room For J-E-L-L-O! (the one where I get myself impossibly and embarrassingly trapped inside a strappy dress.)

Who Is It?  Who's There? How Do I Say It Again? (the one where I experience the Saints’ first Super Bowl in the Quarter.)

La-Benneton-Roulette (Or Something) (the one where I learn the importance of making up holidays in New Orleans)

My First Mardi-Gras (the one where I don’t really say much.  I just look super-cute in the picture….)

Cinderella's Diamond Encrusted Pooper-Scooper (the one where I think I’d make a good relationship expert.)

Happy reading!

signature

4 comments:

Tina said...

Welcome back, I've missed you!!!

gv said...

Welcome back. Glad things are good for you and Man!

Elizabethseyes said...

Better late then never! Welcome back-glad you are writing again.

Unknown said...

welcome back to the blogging world. looks like you have had a spin of a time in the cliff notes version. Like one says its always good when you can come home.